Autodesk Launches Stingray Game Engine
The new Stingray game engine will be available beginning August 19, 2015. Later this summer, Autodesk will also offer Autodesk Maya LT Desktop Subscription customers access to Autodesk Stingray as part of their subscription.
Stingray feature highlights:
- One-click workflow and live link between Stingray and Autodesk 3D animation software.
- Freedom to make significant changes to the engine and renderer without requiring source code access.
- Physically-based shading, advanced particle effects, post processed visual effects, lightmap baking and a high-performance reflection system.
- Includes Beast, HumanIK, Navigation, Scaleform Studio, FBX, Audiokinetic Wwise and NVIDIA PhysX.
- Visual node-based-scripting and Lua scripting.
- Supported platforms: Apple iOS, Google Android, Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8, Oculus Rift DevKit 2, Sony PlayStation 4 and Microsoft XboxOne.
More info: Stingray website